sælges i enkelt meter efter forudgående aftale, kan ikke bestilles på netshoppen
ca. 150 meter (500 ft.) braid (kobber flet) på rulle, måler 1/4″ ca. 6,37 mm bred. og ca. 0,55 mm tyk.
På Targa Florio banen er braid hylden 1,10 mm dyb, det giver plads til tape og den ønskede frihøjde mellem braidens overfladen og banens overflade.
Most rolls of braid are one continuous length (piece) of braid; however, it is possible to have rolls with 2 pieces. Therefore, when installing braid, please note the following:
- If you plan to install the braid directly from the spool, you may reach the end of a length of braid before reaching the end of the current section of track you are braiding. Should this happen, simply drill a 1/4″ hole in the gain so there will still be at least 10-12″ of the current piece of braid to “drop” through the hole. Insert the first 10-12″ of braid from the next piece of braid into the hole and continue braiding. The ends of the two pieces of braid that were “dropped” under the table can be connected using an electrical wire nut.
- If you want to ensure you have enough braid for the next section of track you will be braiding, you will need to measure how much braid is required (don’t forget to leave 10-12″ on both ends for your “drops”). Once you have determined the length of braid required, measure and cut a piece of braid from the spool.
- In general, if you are braiding long segments of track (30+’), the first method described above (working directly from the spool) is easier to use. If you are planning to braid shorter lengths of track (or the track is broken up into individual sections which will be braided individually), either method can be used. If you don’t want additional “drops” within a given segment, use the second method.
Each 500′ roll of braid weighs approximately 8 pounds –
Braid – This is high-quality, tinned copper braid (non-magnetic) that is the thinner (.030″ – see FAQ below) of the two (2) varieties of 1/4″ braid we offer. Unless you have a specific requirement for the “thicker” 1/4″ braid we offer, this is the braid we recommend to most of our customers. This braid provides excellent electrical connectivity with very high “ampacity” (safe current carrying capacity) without the drawbacks of copper tape (e.g. limited ampacity, breakage, lifting, electrical connectivity issues). Unlike the flimsy metal spools some of our competitors use, our braid is spooled on high-quality, heavy duty plastic spools. These spools provide much better protection for the braid during shipment. Available in two (2) widths as follows:
- 1/4″ wide – This is the most common width used to braid slot car tracks (virtually all commercial tracks use this width) and therefore, the width we recommend to our Customers. Other components of our Track Braiding System are designed to work with 1/4″ braid.
- How thick is this braid? Answer: The manufacturer’s specification data for this braid indicates the thickness is .030″; however, actual thickness is typically closer to .025″.
- Which 1/4″ braid should I use – the “thinner” (this product) or “thicker” braid you offer? Answer: In general, the “thinner” braid (this product) is what we recommend to most of our customers. Unless you have a commercial raceway with very heavy use or are restoring a commercial track which already has gains routed for the thicker braid, this is the braid to use. For home and club tracks, this braid is FAR superior to copper tape and will give many, many years of excellent service.